Friday, January 22, 2010

Angel Fire Birds

Well, since I haven't had much to blog lately (most of my photography lately has been for other photographers as a second shooter) I decided I might as well take some pictures and blog about some things I really like...maybe even love. And I do love art... I found these little birds at a craft sale recently in Stillwater, OK and had to have them! They are by Cleve Lewis, a wonderfully creative artist from Angel Fire, New Mexico. I found this quote of his on a website:

"High on the Southern Rockies near Angel Fire, New Mexico, walking along the mountain ridge, I gather Aspen, Ponderosa Pine, Spruce, Cedar, and Bristle Cone Pine wood scattered here and there. Snow, rain, wind and bright sun have weathered the wood in a wondrous array of shapes which lend themselves to birds. What a sense of peace it brings to see eagles soaring above while I spend the day hunting for “birds’ wood” that will make its way into homes and hopefully bring a sense of peace each day to those who grace their tables with God’s creations. As a retired teacher, I have come to grasp this verse of scripture as I grow older, that encourages me each day. I will share it with you; Isaiah 40:31.

Those who hope in the lord will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Cleve Lewis, Angel Fire, New Mexico.


Aren't they just so cute! I looove bird art! Which is kinda ironic since I really don't care much for real birds...especially geese and ducks...but that's beside the point! These little fouls just seem like 2 little love-birds...*sigh* Oh, and no, the bird on the right side is NOT trying to poke out the eye of the bird on the left side...shame on all of you who thought that.

No comments:

Post a Comment